If you're a seller on Lazada, understanding how customers buy products is the key to your success. But what initiates this buying journey? The answer is simple - a search.
Just like Google, Amazon, and Shopee, Lazada is essentially a search engine. When customers want to buy a product, they start by typing their requirements into Lazada's search bar. These search terms are called "search queries," and the list of products that Lazada shows in response is the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
Your goal as a seller is to ensure that your product shows up on the SERP when a shopper searches for it. To do this, you need to understand and leverage keywords - the backbone of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Keywords are the building blocks of search queries. By identifying and optimizing for the keywords that your potential buyers use, your product can secure a spot on the SERP.
But not all keywords are created equal. Let's classify keywords into two categories:
1. Short-tail Keywords
These are 1-2 word keywords that are short and broad. For example, "teacup" is a short-tail keyword.
2. Long-tail Keywords
These are typically 4-5 words long and are very specific. While long-tail keywords attract less traffic, they have better conversion rates because they cater to more specific search needs. For instance, "Party Paper Teacups" is a long-tail keyword.
Finding the Right Keywords
Now that we understand the types of keywords let's delve into where you can find them:
1. Sales Keywords: You can find these directly from Lazada Business Advisor. These keywords are incredibly valuable - because they have driven actual sales for your product.
2. Lazada Search Autocomplete: Simply search your product name or some broad search terms in Lazada’s search box and wait for it to show you everything else your customers search for, these are highly relevant terms your customers look for.
3. Competitor Listings: Check out your competitors' listings to find out what keywords they use in their titles. It will give you a good idea where you should focus your energy to rank too.
4. GPT: Use AI to brainstorm keywords from product links. These are usually an amazing starting point, but not always the keywords that your market might be using.
Always check for relevance while building your keyword list. Ask yourself, "Would my customers likely search for this keyword when they shop?"
So, what do we do with these keywords?
- Build an SEO title: Include relevant short and long-tail keywords in your product title to make sure Lazada’s system can pick up your product and show it to buyers shopping for your products and similar ones using search.
- Create SEO descriptions: Bullet points with keywords helps increase your visibility on search too, and also helps communicate to your customers that they are in the right place.
- Use to find more keywords: The keywords you've identified can act as a springboard to discover even more relevant keywords. There’s always new keywords to be found, especially as your market grows, this could also mean new keywords in new languages.
- Add the keywords to Ads: Improve your ad's visibility and reach by incorporating these keywords, as you’ve already recognised that these are the search terms you want to show up for. Not to mention, using these keywords in SEO + Ads will help Lazada understand who you’re targeting and get you even more relevant visitors.
Need help with SEO? Let Us Do It for You!
Navigating the world of SEO can be tricky, but you're not alone. We're here to help you understand and implement the best practices. Optimize your Lazada product listings, drive more traffic, and increase your sales with our professional SEO services.
In fact we are so confident, we guarantee it’ll work!
Remember, SEO is not just about increasing visibility; it's about reaching the right customers with the right products.