Lazada and Shopee product listings are getting saturated with more and more sellers every day! With everyone selling similar products, how do you stand out?
Most sellers are always looking for the next trend and opportunity; however, the solution isn't always looking for new products to sell. Instead, you should learn how to maximize sales for your current products first!. One way to beat the competition is to optimize your product listings in Shopee Seller Center and Lazada Seller Center.
Consider these two scenarios;
a. If a Shopee user searches for your product and can't find your product listing in search, you lose them as a customer.
b. If a user finds your Shopee listing and clicks on it but can't find good product photos or the required details such as "how to use," you lose them as customers too.
This article will take you through the steps required to optimize your Shopee Product Listing. You can learn more about Lazada product listing optimization here.
What is Product Listing Optimization, and why is it necessary for your Shopee product detail page (PDP)?
Shopee is a search-based marketplace just like Lazada, and there are two key components to win more sales:
- Ensuring your products show up when a potential customer searches for them using the Shopee search bar.
- Provide your visitors with precise details to help them make a purchase decision easily and turn them into customers.
The result: Your listing can drive more visitors through search and convert more visitors to buyers = More Sales for your store.
Before we jump into optimization specifics, let's make sure your Shopee listing is correct!
How to do Product Listing in Shopee?
Shopee Seller Center is user-friendly and allows sellers to list and manage products easily. You can add new products list template, manage and update existing listings, manage listing photos and videos, promote your products, and export listings data if needed.
To create a new product listing template in Shopee Seller Center, follow these steps:
- Create your account on Shopee Seller Center and log in.
- Click on Add Product, add an SEO product title and choose the appropriate category based on the suggestions.
- Write a compelling product description by adding product benefits, features, details on materials, how to use them, and other key points that your customer may be interested in via Shopee Seller Center.
- Fill in all the product attributes like Brand, Model Number, and Warranty. Remember to fill the category-specific attributes.
- Next, add the SKU, price, and stock of the product. If the product has variations such as color or size, define the variation and add them in.
- Add shipping information, including product weight, dimensions and choose the appropriate shipping carrier.
- Add at least 6-8 high-resolution product images, designs, and lifestyle images. (for Mall stores, the main front image has to be on a white background)
- Finally, click Save and Publish button to make the product listing live.
Next, let's learn how to optimize your product listings for Shopee Search, also known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization);
Shopee search works by matching keywords in their user's search phrases with products ranking for those keywords.
To help Shopee connect more visitors to your products,
- Identify the keywords your customers are likely to use with Keyword Research.
- Add the best Keywords to your product title on Shopee Seller Page.
Result: Higher chances of your product appearing in relevant search results.
How to find relevant keywords for the Shopee Algorithm?
Get ready to create a Keyword table (recommended to use google sheets)
For each keyword, remember to add a source and any traffic information that you may have.
Always choose keywords while remembering the goal of SEO. If a customer is not likely to search it, drop it.
To find relevant keywords for your Shopee Product Listing, go through the following these steps:
- Check for autocomplete suggestions on Shopee/Lazada/Amazon to find popular keywords and product variations.
2. Check your competitor listings (on Shopee/Lazada/Amazon) and note the keywords they are using.
3. Add the product in Shopee Ads and check the "suggested keywords."
4. Read Shopee/Lazada/Amazon reviews to see how customers describe the product.
5. Search on product-specific forums on Reddit or Facebook groups.
6. Research the keywords people are searching on Google - do this by checking Autocomplete and using tools like Answer The Public.
7. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner and Ubersuggest, amongst various others, to perform a keyword search for relevant keyword terms.
You can find 100s of keywords using these steps; the goal is to find at least ten highly relevant keywords for your product listings.
How to prioritize high traffic keywords using Shopee Ads?
Once your keyword list is ready, we need to run them through the Shopee Ads keyword tool (shown in Step 3 above) to find the search volume of each keyword.
After logging into your Shopee Seller account,
- Click on Shopee Ads.
- Next, click on "Search Ads" and click on any product Ad (If there's none, create a product Ad first)
- Click on the "Add More Keyword" button and search for the keywords from your Keyword table.
- Shopee will show you the keyword with its monthly search volume, bid price and an array of related keywords.
- Note down the traffic and bid prices in your Keyword table.
Once you've done this for all the keywords, we are ready for the last step: creating a SEO title.
How to create a SEO Shopee Product Title?
Your Shopee product title should include all the high-traffic relevant keywords related to your product. You will use the keywords you collected in the table prepared through the last step,
A few notes to remember when creating a Shopee SEO title:
- The character limit of Shopee's products titles is 120 characters.
- Don't repeat the same keywords.
- Use separators such as a "," or "|" or " " for easier readability
- The first 80 characters of the title are crucial as they show first on mobile devices
- Include keywords in local languages - Bahasa/Chinese/Thai etc.
- Capitalize the initials of the keywords to make them more readable.
➡️ Use this tool: https://capitalizemytitle.com
To create the SEO Title, arrange the keywords in the most natural way possible so that your customers can identify your product.
It's best to use a title structure, such as:
General Title Format:
Brand Name - Product Identifier - Product Specification/Attributes - Details/Benefits/Where to Use
And that's your SEO title - Your Shopee Seller Page now has a 10x higher chance of appearing in Shopee search results!
Other Optimizations for Shopee Listing
When a customer searches the term "Shoes" in Shopee; he will see 100+ pages of product results. However, by simply choosing "converse" as a filter, the results immediately are halved to 59 pages (Still a lot!)
There are 1000s of products added to Shopee every day. To find the right products, customers use a mix of Search, Category Pages, and Filters.
You can help users find your products more quickly by ensuring your Shopee Product Listing has:
- Is placed under the Correct Product Category
- Fill all Attribute fields (Mandatory + Optional) accurately
You can update and edit both of these in Seller Center Shopee by updating or creating a new product listing.
Now that Shopee's algorithm likes your listing, let's learn how to optimize your product listings for your Listing Visitors, also known as Conversion Optimization.
Improve your Product Listing Visuals
Online Shoppers relate to visuals better than text; that is why you need to add attractive and captivating video and images to your Shopee Product Listing.
In your Shopee Seller Center, we need to focus on three areas of visuals:
Product Main Image, Video, and Secondary Images.
The Main Product Image is essential for two reasons,
- It gives your customers a clear understanding of your product before clicking it.
- It helps your Shopee product listing stand out from other listings in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) of the platform
The main image should showcase the product clearly at its best angle, where the product image is at least taking up 80% of the picture. You should add the brand/shop logo on the image and other essential features as long as they are clear to read.
For Shopee Mall Stores, the Main Image's background needs to be white.
Videos are the best way to captivate new buyers as most might not read through your Shopee Seller Page descriptions. A good product video is short and engaging. It can help interested buyers to understand your products and know what to expect when they receive them. Home Videos work very well, and you don't need an expensive setup to create them. Remember to keep them short- 15-30 seconds and under 30 MB for the best results.
Secondary Images on product listing template help inform the buyer more about your product and help push them from being interested to desire the product.
They are the visual interpretation of the Long Description. Apart from product images, you can add attractive designs as well.
Product Photography Tips for Shopee Listing:
Invest in a good camera (a good phone camera also can work!)
- Basic props like a white background, camera stands, soft box, and chart paper
- Lighting is essential, and you can find affordable LED lights. You can also click pictures in sunlight for more Natural photography.
- Learn how to do minimal edits using Free tools such as Snapseed to help make your photography pop and show product details with good quality.
Want to learn more about Product Photography?
Improve your Text Description of your Product Listing
Lazada has the Lorikeet tool, which allows long visual descriptions but in Shopee, we have to rely on text descriptions.
However, an excellent way to write better descriptions is to break them down into two sections:
A. Short Description:
The attention span of buyers is short; hence you need a Highlights section to try and impress them with your copy in 7-8 points.
Your short description on Shopee Seller Page should be in the form of bullets.
It should contain USPs (Unique Selling Points) and the significant benefits of the product for your customer.
These points should quickly explain: why the product is the best fit for your customer and generate interest in your buyer to learn more.
If you fail to impress them here, they will not scroll down to check your long description.
You can easily edit the short description from Shopee Seller Center.
B. Long Description
Once your Shopee product short description grabs the attention and interest of your buyer, the long description will give the buyer more information on the details of the product.
Key points to include are: (Similar to Secondary Images)
- Benefits and Features
- What it's made of
- Warranty and Certifications
- Lifestyle Images (Product in use)
- Reviews and Campaign Promotions
- Why buy from your store
The goal of the Long Description on Shopee Seller Page is to give your customer all the information required to purchase the product.
Product Description Tips:
- Divide your long description into sections with subheadings so that they look attractive and are easy to read at the same time.
- Add relevant information and avoid story-telling with longer paragraphs.
- Use emojis to grab attention.
- Add keywords from your keyword research to the Short description. You can add a list of them below using #tags
- Follow the AIDA model - Attract -> Interest -> Desire -> Action
Suppose you're selling products that come in different sizes and colors. In that case, it's always better to create variations instead of separate listings. This way, your customers have options when they are considering your product.
Create easy-to-follow variations of product list templates in Seller Center Shopee by naming the type of variation and adding different front images for each of the variations.
The Final Decision
You've made sure that your visitors have all the information they need to make their purchase with Videos, images, and descriptions. Now let's do the home run -
Offering Competitive Pricing
If you want to generate more sales from your Shopee online store, you should practice competitive pricing. Most consumers look for lower prices because shopping online is believed by them to be cheaper compared to physical retail stores.
It is always good to do competitor research from Shopee Seller Center and tweak your prices based on that. It will increase your chances to make sales.
Use the keywords you found earlier to do competitive analysis and see which other listings show up when searching with those keywords.
If the product listings showing on the SERP match yours, note down the name, seller, link, ratings, units sold, and selling price in a Competitive Analysis table.
You can always refer to the links in this table to keep it updated and adjust your prices accordingly to stay competitive, which should help you convert more!
Competitive pricing is not everything. Your Shopee Product listing can stand out from the competition by including promotions such as free shipping, cashback, vouchers, and add-on/bundle deals.
These promotions help by nudging customers to buy more to save more, by having a minimum purchase requirement;
These promotions also encourage buyers to decide quickly through short expiry dates.
Reviews help buyers make that final purchase decision. That is why it is essential to make sure your Shopee product listing has as many good product reviews as possible.
While it's harder to control Reviews, you can still manage them from the Shopee Seller Centre; head to the Shop Rating tab; over here, you can:
- Reply to positive reviews by thanking customers.
- Chat with buyers who had a bad experience and see if you can make them change their review.
Additionally, it's essential to use the Shopee Chat and Broadcast tool to remind buyers to leave you a review after receiving their items.
There you have it- A thorough understanding of how to create and optimize your product listings using the Shopee Seller Center.
These tips should help you to increase traffic, conversion, and sales!
Optimizing your product listing might seem insignificant at first, but it can have an immense impact on your sales and conversions.
The biggest asset of any Shopee Online Store is its product listings. Optimized listings consistently outperform competitor listings. Despite this, many brands and sellers don't put sufficient effort into optimizing their product pages because they don't prioritize it.
The lack of good product pages across Shopee allows smarter sellers to stand out by creating top-notch listings that dominate search and conversion.
SEO Shopee product listings increase traffic on your Shopee store, and an attractive and detailed product page listing will clear the doubts of your buyers and encourage them to purchase from your store.
Product Optimization is an organic way of improving your reach and impressions across buyers, which increases visitors, conversions, and sales on Shopee Seller Page.